Can´t find code examples

As written in the book, it should be possible, to copy the sourcecode of the examples.

But unfortunately I don´t know, where to finde the code of the exaples on this webpage.

Can you help me please?

I strongly encourage you to type all of the code, not to copy and paste. There is a great deal of learning that happens just by typing. That’s how I learned to program as a kid. I typed what I found in books and magazines and picked up bits and pieces along the way.

If you go that route, all of the finished code is available in the appendices of the book.

If you really, really want to copy and paste or just want the source code, it is available on the book’s website. Under the resources section of that page, you’ll find the Source Code for the book.

But please type the code. I promise that it’s worth it!

-Chris

Thank you for your kind reply, Chris!

The issue was the following:

In your book, there is to read, that the Source Code can be found on following website:
https://talk.code3dgames.com

But this is only the website of the user community, and not the book´s website.

So it was not possible for me, to find the code examples.

I agree, that typing the code manually is the best way to learn. But sometimes the book refers to the code of earlier tasks, and then I refer to the code examples.

Ah, good catch. I’ll see if I can add the source code here as well to make things easier for folks trying to do the same thing.

Thanks for reporting that!

-Chris

You´re welcome, Cris.

Yes - it would be a good idea, to also include the source code on the community website.